CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Let me think... is it pull or push the blade across the sharpening stone when sharpening a knife?" I decided to push. I kept at it until the blade was nice and sharp. After all, I didn't want to be hacking at the stake while trying to cut it into thin strips for Bagogi (Japanese BBQ). The meat was a perfect consistency for cutting; slightly frozen in the center making it firm enough to cut perfect strips.

The first six or seven pieces were as thin as sandwich meat and the lenght of the entire stake. The next piece was started at the wrong angle - I was digging too deep and it was going to be be too thick of a piece if I kept on at that angle. To correct the action, I tilted the blade up a bit and kept on moving until, POW - the knife broke threw the meat. Natural laws of motion came into play and the force, or pressure, I was applying didn't stop until it hit my index finger directly below the finger nail.

I knew on impact that I was in for a good one. After about 10 minutes of bleeding and grossing Gavin and Bec out with the 'talking finger' (gaping cut would open and close as I bend the finger), I decided to head down and get a professional to close it up.
Modern medicine saved me the discomforts of having to get stitched. Instead, they glued it back together. Awesome.


re

5 comments:

The Gray Family said...

ouch...This is Amy Gray. I found your blog through Kara's, and thought I would say hi! Your kids are getting so big, and so cute! We miss you guys.

Brian and Kara said...

Any news on the baby front? Is that little girl here yet or making her way here soon? Hope everything is going well!

~Kara :)

Presley family said...

Ok, where is this sweet new baby?? I want pics.. when I saw Rebeca on Friday she said that she was coming today... if not earlier! I can't wait to see her!

yardie said...

that wold hurt really bad love graesie well i coldent really find a heart so by love you guys p.s. rember it is graesie not tadd and linda love you guys and hi gavin hi noah hi careana and hi russ and rebcka and hiiiiiiiiii savannah.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/startup-yang-tumbuh-pesat-saat-pandemi